Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Pot roast beef brisket recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Pot roast beef brisket recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pot roast beef brisket recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already know that the body requires a healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body continue to be healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you have to lead a good and healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly. Did you already know, however, that there are a number of foods that can help your heart be healthy? In the following paragraphs, you will discover which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Fish is probably the healthiest food you can ingest. You already know this because, by now, you’ve likely been instructed to eat fish at least a couple of times a week. This is basically true if there are some issues with your heart or if your heart is in not too good a shape. Know that fish is rich in Omega 3s which are what helps break down and turn unhealthy cholesterol into healthy energy. Try eating fish in at least two meals each week.
There are lots of foods that you can consume that are great for your body. It’s true that everything discussed in this article can help your body in many ways. They are particularly good, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Begin incorporating these foods in your diet each day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pot roast beef brisket recipe. You can cook pot roast beef brisket using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pot roast beef brisket:
- You need 700 g of well-marbled beef brisket, rolled and tied.
- Use 1 tsp of flaked sea salt, plus extra to season.
- Provide of freshly ground black pepper.
- Take 4-5 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Take 4 of onions.
- Use 3 sprigs of bushy thyme.
- Provide 1 of large bay leaf.
- Provide 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Take 500 ml of hot beef stock, made with 1 beef stock cube.
- You need 200 ml of red wine.
- You need 4 of large carrots, cut into 3cm/11/4in chunks.
- You need 6 of celery sticks, trimmed and cut into 4cm/11/2in lengths.
Instructions to make Pot roast beef brisket:
- For the beef, season the beef all over with the salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a large flameproof casserole and brown the beef over a fairly high heat for 8-10 minutes, turning every couple of minutes. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3..
- While the beef is frying, thinly slice two of the onions. Remove the beef from the casserole and put it to one side. Add the onions to the casserole and fry for five minutes or until nicely browned, stirring regularly. Add a little more oil if the onions begin to stick..
- Stir in the thyme and bay leaf and cook for 20-30 seconds more, stirring. Return the beef to the casserole. Stir the tomato purée into the hot beef stock and pour around the beef. Add the wine and bring to a gentle simmer on the hob..
- Cover with a lid and place in the oven. Cook for three hours 30min. After about 1hour 45min, take out of the oven and turn the beef. If you press it with a fork, the meat will feel very firm..
- While the beef is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Cut the remaining onions into half from root to tip and then cut each half into four. Peel the carrots and cut into 3cm/1¼in chunks, trim the celery and cut into 4cm/1½in lengths..
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the onions for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots and celery and cook for a further five minutes over a medium heat until the onions are softened and all the vegetables are lightly browned, stirring regularly..
- Remove the beef from the oven and take off the lid. Press the beef with a fork. You should be able to feel it becoming much softer. (If not, return to the oven for a further 30 minutes before adding the vegetables.).
- Turn the beef over and nestle all the sautéed vegetables around it. Cover with the lid again and return to the oven for a further 1-2 hours, or until the beef is very tender and yields completely to the pressure of a spoon..
- To serve the beef, lift the beef out of the casserole with a couple of forks and place on a board or serving platter. Cut off the string and carve into slices. Serve with the poached vegetables, latkes and the rich cooking liquor for gravy..
If you find this Pot roast beef brisket recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.