Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Pot roast beef brisket recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pot roast beef brisket recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about On This Page We’re Going To Be Checking Out The Many Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
In this day and age of individuals are trying to live a healthier life and you are going to discover that the use of coconut oil can help you accomplish this. Unlike other products you can purchase on the market today this item is going to have a wide variety of health benefits for your body. You ought to also be aware that coconut oil isn’t just something you are able to use inside your body to be healthy but also something you can use externally. If you’re wondering what a few of these benefits are you should be glad to realize that we’re going to be explaining to you in this post what a few of these benefits might be.
Another thing you are going to find coconut oil is very useful for is to be used on your hair and skin, and this is obviously something you would never do with other cooking oils. Coconut oil has been shown to be very useful for individuals who end up with skin rashes, and by simply applying the coconut oil directly on your skin it can help the actual healing process. The primary reason this can help with rashes is as a result of the antioxidants which are in this oil, but you’re in addition going to see that this can be used on a regular basis to provide you with younger looking skin.
Something else I would like to mention is that there’ve actually been research performed which show that coconut oil might have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. For those of you who are looking to live a healthier life you will probably find that eliminating your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be a great place to start. There are different vitamin organizations right now contemplating the thought of promoting coconut oil as a nutritional supplement, but you are able to begin receiving the benefits from this oil today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pot roast beef brisket recipe. You can cook pot roast beef brisket using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pot roast beef brisket:
- Provide of well-marbled beef brisket, rolled and tied.
- Prepare of flaked sea salt, plus extra to season.
- Get of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of sunflower oil.
- Take of onions.
- You need of bushy thyme.
- Provide of large bay leaf.
- You need of tomato purée.
- Take of hot beef stock, made with 1 beef stock cube.
- Prepare of red wine.
- Get of large carrots, cut into 3cm/11/4in chunks.
- Use of celery sticks, trimmed and cut into 4cm/11/2in lengths.
Steps to make Pot roast beef brisket:
- For the beef, season the beef all over with the salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a large flameproof casserole and brown the beef over a fairly high heat for 8-10 minutes, turning every couple of minutes. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3..
- While the beef is frying, thinly slice two of the onions. Remove the beef from the casserole and put it to one side. Add the onions to the casserole and fry for five minutes or until nicely browned, stirring regularly. Add a little more oil if the onions begin to stick..
- Stir in the thyme and bay leaf and cook for 20-30 seconds more, stirring. Return the beef to the casserole. Stir the tomato purée into the hot beef stock and pour around the beef. Add the wine and bring to a gentle simmer on the hob..
- Cover with a lid and place in the oven. Cook for three hours 30min. After about 1hour 45min, take out of the oven and turn the beef. If you press it with a fork, the meat will feel very firm..
- While the beef is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Cut the remaining onions into half from root to tip and then cut each half into four. Peel the carrots and cut into 3cm/1¼in chunks, trim the celery and cut into 4cm/1½in lengths..
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the onions for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots and celery and cook for a further five minutes over a medium heat until the onions are softened and all the vegetables are lightly browned, stirring regularly..
- Remove the beef from the oven and take off the lid. Press the beef with a fork. You should be able to feel it becoming much softer. (If not, return to the oven for a further 30 minutes before adding the vegetables.).
- Turn the beef over and nestle all the sautéed vegetables around it. Cover with the lid again and return to the oven for a further 1-2 hours, or until the beef is very tender and yields completely to the pressure of a spoon..
- To serve the beef, lift the beef out of the casserole with a couple of forks and place on a board or serving platter. Cut off the string and carve into slices. Serve with the poached vegetables, latkes and the rich cooking liquor for gravy..
If you find this Pot roast beef brisket recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.