Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already are aware of how essential it is to have a fit and healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already know that working out on a regular basis and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. Do you know, though, that several specific foods are good for improving the health of your heart? If you would like to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep on reading.
Know that blueberries are great for your heart. Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This specific antioxidant may be able to help your body improve its ability to process the fat and cholesterol you consume. The easier it is for your body to process fat and cholesterol, the less likely it is for those things to accumulate in your system and cause heart problems. This, essentially, makes your heart as healthy as it can possibly be.
There are plenty of foods that you can include in your diet that are beneficial for your body. It’s true that everything mentioned in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are essentially terrific, though, for promoting a healthy heart. Try introducing these foods into your diet every day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy borscht/goulash-inspired leftover roast & red cabbage soup recipe. You can cook easy borscht/goulash-inspired leftover roast & red cabbage soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup:
- Provide of beef roast or steak that's been cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Prepare of an onion, chopped.
- Provide of medium carrots, cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Use of small celery stems, chopped into 1/2" pieces.
- You need of a small head of red cabbage, cut into 1/2" pieces.
- Use of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Take of liquid (any combo of unsalted stock & water).
- Provide of tomato paste.
- Use of ketchup.
- Use of Worcestershire.
- You need of salt to start.
- Take of black pepper.
- Use of bay leaf.
- Provide of paprika.
- Provide of quartered button mushrooms.
Steps to make Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup:
- Dump all ingredients except mushrooms into a large pot (at least 5 quarts), cover, turn the heat to medium high, and let soup come to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium low, add mushrooms, cover, and simmer for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until thickest pieces of cabbage are completely tender..
- Adjust seasoning if needed, and enjoy with crusty bread or rice, or just by itself! :).
If you find this Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.