Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect DIY Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptarts recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect DIY Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptarts recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to DIY Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptarts recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already are aware that you should have a healthy heart. Think about this: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already are aware that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are imperative in terms of the total health of your heart. Do you know, though, that there are a number of foods that can help you have a healthy heart? If you would like to know what to eat to improve your heart health, keep reading.
Can you remember when your mother and father would remind you that an apple a day keeps the doctor away? The truth is that apples have loads of terrific stuff in them to help keep your heart in good condition. Apples are known to contain tons of soluble fiber which acts kind of like a scrub brush on your artery walls so that cholesterol can’t amass and build up into blockages. Just one Red Delicious apple every day can make your LDL levels go down by as much as eight percent! That’s a fantastic number if you’re trying to improve your heart health!
There are many foods that you can include in your diet that are beneficial for your body. To be sure, the foods listed in this article can help your body in many ways. They are especially terrific, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Try introducing these healthy foods into your diet every day. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to diy brown sugar cinnamon poptarts recipe. To make diy brown sugar cinnamon poptarts you need 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make DIY Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptarts:
- Use of Pastry:.
- You need 1 of store bought pie crust.
- Get 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 2 tsp. of milk.
- Provide of Frosting:.
- Get 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp. of milk.
- Provide 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract.
Instructions to make DIY Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptarts:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the first disc of pie dough (prepackaged crusts normally have 2). Roll out into a thin rectangular shape. Using a pizza cutter, cut a large rectangle out of the middle, then cut that into 6 equally sized squares. Do the same with your 2nd disc of pie dough. You should have 12 equal squares. Place 6 of them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat..
- Whisk together the egg and milk and brush that over the dough squares. For the filling, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and flour in a separate small bowl. Place a tablespoon of sugar mix onto each square and spread to within 1/4 inch of the border of the dough square..
- Once you have filling on each of the 6 squares, brush the remaining 6 pastry squares with egg wash and place them on top of the squares with the filling. Place them with the egg wash side down. Use your fingers to pinch and seal around the edges, then go back around them with a fork. Then use the fork (or a toothpick) to prick holes over the top of the pastries. Brush egg wash over the tops..
- Bake for about 6 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake an additional 6 minutes or until lightly golden. Once they're done, let them cool on the pan for 5 or so minutes, then carefully transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Make the frosting by whisking together the confectioners sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and milk. Once the poptarts are cooled, use a spoon to glaze the top of them, leaving space around the edges. Within a few hours, the frosting will harden. Store them in an airtight container. To reheat them, don't put them into a toaster! Just pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds..
If you find this DIY Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptarts recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.