Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Last Minute Christmas Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Last Minute Christmas Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Good For Your Heart.
You already know how important it is to have a healthy heart. Think about this: How can the rest of your body stay healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already are aware that regular workout and a healthy lifestyle are crucial in terms of the overall health of your heart. Still, are you aware that there are some foods that have been found to help you improve the health of your heart? In the following paragraphs, you will learn which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Know that blueberries are good for helping your heart be healthy. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This particular antioxidant assists your body to be a lot better at breaking down your fats and cholesterol. When your body is great at breaking down these things, they aren’t going to build up in your body and or cause issues for your heart. What that means is that it helps keep your heart as healthy as possible.
There are lots of foods that you can include in your diet that are great for your body. It’s true that each of the food discussed in this article can help your body in a variety of ways. These foods are particularly good for the heart, however. Try to begin eating these heart-healthy foods on a regular basis. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy last minute christmas cake recipe. You can have easy last minute christmas cake using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Last Minute Christmas Cake:
- Provide 1 kg of mixed dried fruit.
- Provide 100 g of mixed peel.
- Provide 100 ml of strong hot tea.
- You need 2 tablespoon of marmalade.
- Provide 100 ml of alcohol (I use a mix of port, brandy, sherry & amaretto, but you can you the flavors you like or substitute the alcohol for orange juice).
- You need of Zest of 2 oranges.
- Take 250 g of margarine.
- You need 250 g of soft brown sugar.
- Provide 4 of eggs.
- Use 1 tablespoon of golden syrup.
- Use 50 g of walnuts chopped.
- Get 25 g of blanched almonds chopped.
- Prepare 25 g of pecan nuts, chopped.
- Take 100 g of self-raising flour.
- Take 150 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of mixed spice.
Steps to make Easy Last Minute Christmas Cake:
- Put the dried fruit, glace cherries, and mixed peel into a large container. Mix the hot tea and marmalade until the marmalade has dissolved, pour over the fruit and mix well. Add the alcohol and orange zest and mix well. Cover and leave to soak, stirring each day, leave for a minimum of 3 days but I sometimes leave mine for a week or two, which only adds to the flavor. Feel free to have a tipple when stirring!.
- Grease and line an 8-inch tin, I also line the outside of my tin to stop the cake from colouring on the side too quickly. Preheat the oven to 140C/120C Fan/Gas 1..
- Add the sugar and margarine to a large bowl and beat until lighter in colour and creamy, I prefer to use an electric hand mixer, but you can do it by hand. Add the eggs one at a time and continue to mix until they are fully incorporated if the mix starts to curdle add a handful of the flour..
- Add the flours, mixed spice, nuts, golden syrup and a pinch of salt, mix by hand until blended together. Stir in the soaked fruit and mix well..
- Spoon into the prepared tin and level the surface. (at this point add your nuts and cherries for decoration if not using icing to decorate)..
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 4 ½ – 5 hours, it should feel firm to the touch, be golden brown and a skewer inserted should come out clean. Check after an hour and every hour and cover with foil with the cake is colouring too quickly. Leave to cool completely in the cake tin..
- When the cake is completely cool, wrap in a double layer of greaseproof paper with our removing the lining paper as this helps to keep the cake moist. Then wrap in foil and place in an airtight container, I find a sweet tin works best..
- This will keep for 6 months, so the ultimate make-ahead. If you want to feed the cake, pierce the cake all over with a skewer and pour over a little sherry, each week before Christmas. However, I never feed my Christmas cake, I always forget and this recipe doesn’t need it, the cake will stay rich and moist up until Christmas and beyond. 1 quantity of the mix will give you 1 round or square 8 inch Christma cake, but it can also be used to make 16 smaller individual cakes or 2 loaf tin cakes..
- Decoration with out icing: Extra blanched almonds Extra glace cherries Extra Whole walnuts 3 tablespoon apricot jam Once the cake is in the tin ready for the oven use a selection of nuts and cherries to decorate the top. When ready to serve, heat up the jam in a saucepan and brush all over the top of the cake, I like to do 2 or 3 layers to make it very shiny..
- Decoration with icing 500g golden marzipan 500g ready to roll fondant 3 tablespoon apricot jam Icing sugar for dusting When ready to decorate, place the cake on the serving dish. Heat up the jam and brush all over the top of the cake. Using icing sugar to roll out the marzipan, I use the bottom of my cake tin as a rough guide to the size of my circle, cut it out with a knife and place on top of the cake. Roll out the fondant again using icing sugar, again use the bottom of the cake tin as a gu.
If you find this Easy Last Minute Christmas Cake recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.