Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Fantastic For Your Health.
On TV as well as in magazines everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? This is something that many individuals live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that men and women in other country’s also adhere to this simple rule and they don’t know why. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be sharing that with you here.
Cornell University performed a study on the effect apples have on the brain. This study showed that the ingredients in apples have the capacity to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating with age. Which means that by eating apples you are able to decrease the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
I really hope I have revealed some good information that explained why apples are so good. The benefits we covered are only a few of the benefits that eating apples can provide. Should you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. I really hope that the next time you go to the food store you end up getting plenty of apples. It can really help your health for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to whole wheat apricot cranberry biscotti recipe. You can have whole wheat apricot cranberry biscotti using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti:
- Provide 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Take 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Provide 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- You need 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Use 1/4 tsp salt
- You need 1 egg
- Provide 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Provide 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Provide 1 tbsp apple sauce
- You need 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Provide 1/4 cup diced dried apricots
- Use 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
Instructions to make Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the egg, maple syrup, butter, and apple sauce.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mixture thoroughly until a wet dough forms.
- Stir in the apricots and cranberries.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into a 12'' by 4'' log and place it in the middle of the baking sheet. As the dough is wet, it will be easier if you partially make this log first in your hands before placing it on the baking sheet. Then press it into the correct dimensions.
- Bake for 20 minutes then cool on a baking rack for 10.
- Slice the log into 1/3'' slices and lay them face up on the baking sheet. Bake for another 6 minutes then flip and bake again for 6 minutes.
If you find this Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.