Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about A Lot Of You May Not Realize This But Coconut Oil Can Have Great Health Advantages To It.
Coconut oil will be something which can actually help men and women live a longer and healthier life and something you need to start using today. You are additionally going to find that there’s not just one specific benefit that’s connected with coconut oil but the benefits can be vast. There is something else that’s important to know about this item and that’s the point that it can benefit you when you use it both internally and also externally for your body. Coconut oil is a lot more beneficial than other oils you can purchase and in this article we will be telling you why.
An additional amazing side effect of making use of this sort of product is that coconut oil will in fact help you lose some weight by boosting your metabolism. Because coconut oil burns so quickly in your body and offers you energy, and also speeds up your metabolism you are going to find the you can burn off calories three times as fast. This is in fact great news for anybody has ever had difficulties trying to lose some weight or for people that are trying to lose some weight quicker. And for people were trying to lose some weight but feel sluggish all the time for this reason, you are going to discover that coconut oil ends up providing you with more energy because it is improving your metabolism.
There’s currently studies being done that are leading people to the conclusion that coconut oil can possibly fight off bacterial and viral infections inside the body, however this isn’t yet been proven. For people that are looking to live a healthier life you may find that removing your traditional cooking oils and replace it with coconut oil can be an excellent place to start. Something you may or may not recognize is that within a very short time frame there are going to be vitamin supplement organizations advertising the usage of coconut oil supplements, but you are able to get the jump on this.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curry puff (basic pastry) recipe. To cook curry puff (basic pastry) you need 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Curry Puff (Basic Pastry):
- Use Curry Puff Filling
- Prepare peeled & finely diced potatoes
- Take minced chicken
- Take finely chopped brown/yellow onion
- Take finely minced/chopped garlic
- You need chili powder
- Take meat curry powder (Baba's)
- Get KEEN'S curry powder (see pic - optional)
- Provide chicken seasoning powder
- Take Salt
- Provide Pepper
- Provide Peanut/vegetable oil (cooking)
- Provide Curry Puff Skin
- Prepare plain flour
- You need rice flour
- Use tapioca flour
- Use margarine/butter
- Prepare water
- You need Oil for frying
Steps to make Curry Puff (Basic Pastry):
- Curry Puff Filling - Heat up wok over medium high heat and pour enough oil to cook curry puff filling. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add finely diced potato and minced chicken. Cook and stir over medium high heat. Add chilli & curry powder. Add the remaining ingredients and keep stirring. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Simmer until lightly dry and potatoes are soft. Turn off the heat & leave aside to cool.
- Curry puff skin - Rubbing method. Rub plain flour, rice flour, tapioca flour & butter until well mixed & resemble bread crumbs. Then add water in few additions, stop adding water once you have pliable dough. Avoid over knead the pastry. Roll out dough into desired thickness (3mm thick) and then cut into round shape. Wrap up the filling & fold into the shape of curry puff. Pinch the edge of curry puff & twist it to seal (We use curry puff mould).
- Tip for step 2 👉🏻 Use food processor instead of the rubbing method. Just pulse the dry ingredients and butter for curry puff skin until it resembles bread crumbs. Then, add enough water to form a pliable dough.
- Heat up oil for deep frying. (Always use enough oil for frying so you ll have crispy curry puffs). Deep fry until golden brown. We usually make these in big batch. We Half bake them & leave them to cool completely before refrigerate. Fry the next day or after. Alternatively these puffs can be stored in the freezer and last for months. Just half bake them, always leave them to cool completely before storing, in the fridge or freezer. No thawing needed when frying the ones from the freezer.
If you find this Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.